Van Wert Area Safety Council
Improve Safety and Save $ on Workers’ Comp!
The Van Wert Area Safety Council, open to all area businesses, is an initiative of the Van Wert Area Chamber of Commerce designed to increase safety awareness, and to give businesses a potential cost savings benefit on their Workers’ Compensation rates. Held in collaboration with the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, the program aims to provide a forum for safety and health information, education and networking in local communities. Program topics must be classified under occupational safety & health, risk management, workers’ compensation, BWC services, rehabilitation or environmental issues.
The Van Wert Safety Council currently meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Willow Bend Country Club for a breakfast meeting with a guest speaker. A steering committee made up of safetyprofessionals from various local employers and a representative from the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation will guide the program development.
- One admission to all meetings — including breakfast. Additional guests may attend for $8 per meeting.
- One admission to the Facility Tours
- One admission to the Annual Awards Ceremony
- Take-Away Safety Information from each meeting
- Updates on the latest BWC programs and discount options
- Opportunity to speak with a BWC regional representative at each meeting
- Opportunity to network with other local companies
For additional information about the Van Wert Area Safety Council or to register for the 2012-13 Safety Council program, please see the links located on left, email the chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (419) 238-4390.