Ohio West Safety Council
Ohio West Safety Council: Improve Safety and Save $ on Workers’ Comp!
The Ohio West Safety Council, open to all area businesses, is an initiative of the Van Wert Area Chamber of Commerce designed to increase safety awareness, and to give businesses a potential cost savings benefit on their Workers’ Compensation rates. Held in collaboration with the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, the program aims to provide a forum for safety and health information, education and networking in local communities. Program topics must be classified under occupational safety & health, risk management, workers’ compensation, BWC services, rehabilitation or environmental issues.
The Ohio West Safety Council currently meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Willow Bend Country Club for a breakfast meeting with a guest speaker. A steering committee made up of safetyprofessionals from various local employers and a representative from the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation will guide the program development.
- TWO admissions to all meetings! — including breakfast. Additional guests may attend for $8 per meeting.
- TWO admissions to the Annual Awards Ceremony
- Take-Away Safety Information from each meeting
- Updates on the latest BWC programs and discount options
- Opportunity to speak with a BWC regional representative at each meeting
- Opportunity to network with other local companies
For additional information about the Ohio West Safety Council or to register for the upcoming Safety Council program, please see the links located above, email the chamber at email@example.com or call us at (419) 238-4390.